Monday, May 23, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award!! YAY!



Tania Walsh generously nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award this weekend! I'm honored and delighted! And exclaiming left and right! Down shift1, down. Shhhhhhhhh.....

Tania was nominated by L.J.Writes. I mention this because L.J.'s blog was knew to me and I wanted to share, so be sure to check out the link to Tania to learn about both her site and L.J.'s. And then the blog who nominated L.J. And so on! Love the amazing blogs we find in such wonderful ways.
a
Now for the rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
a
7 random facts about me:
1. I lived in Germany for two years (ages 7-9). On Ramstein Air Force Base.
2. I have my BA in English (emphasis in creative writing) and Art History (Renaissance Art). I minored in Art and Women Studies.
3. I am three classes short of my Masters in Creative Writing because I got married and moved instead of completing.
4. I have two sisters. My father had two brothers. The age gaps are almost identical.
5. The first computer I bought myself was a Mac and I've never gone back.
6. I wear a size 6 shoe.
7. I'm studying for the Certified Bookkeeper examination to avoid being an Admin Assist ever again.
a
And now for my 5 nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Tess Hardwick
This is a lovely blog. Tess is a beautiful writer full of imagery and lightness. But she also has delightful stories to share about herself. Hers is a blog I rush to when she posts. I'm often inspired and always engaged.
2. Jason Jack Miller
I was drawn to his site by his novel - an Appalachian noir thriller. What's not to love? But he's a musician/music lover, as well, and so I find his posts to be fascinating and varied. He promotes his book very well.
3. Laura Matson Hahn
Laura is journaling her way through publishing a book. She is professor, prophet, peer, and poet. Sometimes, I swear she's writing just for me, so well she understands and explains.
4. Suenammi Richards
Sue's blog is sumptuous. She makes me think of a Sandra Cisneros' poem! The blog is beautiful visually as well as intellectually. I make meals of her posts.
5. Jessica and Stephanie as Fairday Morrow
Being a mystery lover since I was small, I am a huge fan of this site. I pop in for the riddles and sometimes, just to reread the first five pages of the delightful Middle Grade novel. It feeds the child in me. The art is wonderful and the audience well served.



Thank you, Tania, for my nomination and congratulations to those I've nominated. Please check all the links out!