Monday, December 30, 2013

Jump For a New Review!

Timing is everything, they say. (They who? Okay, me. I said it. And I'll say it again.)

Timing is everything. But you have to be ready and willing to jump out of the airplane of life and dive, twirling into the wild beauty of free falling.

As of today's post The Anonymous Blog of Mrs. Jones is humming along through edits with the amazing Rebecca T. Dickson, but a few weeks ago, just before I uncurled my fingers from my newest baby, I noticed my other one, Strong Enough, playing alone. Crap.

All of fall 2013 I dreamed about the Anon Blog release party and celebrated its cover. As the holidays took over and I noticed the end of the year coming up like a brick wall, I cuddled my To Do lists close and coo'd, "I didn't forget you or you or you or you."

Up went an FB banner featuring both my novel covers (thank you to PixelTwister Studio). Just this one action flushed me with new energy.

Dressed for success in 2014 (parachute, goggles, snazzy jump-suit), I flew over a prime jump spot. But it wasn't on my map. It was too early.

Grabbing my interest was Jen Blood's end of the year promotion for a book eval. Lonely Strong Enough preened herself before me and I didn't think. I asked what Jen's services included and how much. Jen responded promptly with this option: Publishing Evaluation and Consult.
 For a spectacular fee she would evaluate Strong Enough and offer pointed marketing suggestions. 

Hmmmmm, let me think. One of my most beloved Indie authors whose writing is as tight as Joan Rivers' face and as smooth as Lindt chocolate truffles is offering her skill, insight, and honesty? What to do. What to do.

We closed the day of (I jumped) and it has been an exhilarating fall. I've cartwheeled through clouds and somersaulted with eagles.

First let me say, Jen's evaluation turnaround was whirlwind fast. Even stricken with the crud she sent me updates and met our agreed deadline. I've poured over her analysis and my stomach still fwips.

Here's a taste: "First, this is a gorgeous book." I almost forgot to open my chute.

Then she hit me with an added bonus. Yes, folks - THERE'S MORE. (I expect knives that cut cans any day.) 

She also reviewed my book. WOAH. Here's the link on Amazon, y'all. 

I stuck the landing.