Sunday, June 16, 2013

Linda Bolton - Take 2

The first ever All Author Blog Blitz and I had MAJOR technical difficulties! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? Let's just say Midwest thunderstorms and "dumb" phones are NOT helpful.

This is late and I feel terrible that I didn't post as promised; however, I will at least do my part and share a romance author for those of us who enjoy the total escape:

Please welcome Linda Bolton, my assigned author for the All Author's Blog Blitz! I have not had a chance to read Linda's book being assigned the same week as the AABB, but this sounds like a good summer read, just being carefree by a beach, lake, or pool. Linda has shared her information and details about her novel. 

TAKE 2

Take 2 is Linda Bolton’s first novel is available on Amazon. She is currently working on her second book to be released summer 2013. When she’s not writing, Linda is a GiGi, playing with her new granddaughter Z, and working full-time. While working on a future projects Linda can be found:






Blurb - Take 2

Alexandra Daniels is forty-something and hard-working in and out of her home. Her life has been plodding along at a snails pace and she’s longing for excitement. She wins a trip to her favorite talk show in New York, the Veronica Becker Show, and it just so happens the actor of her dreams is a guest, Derek Dunbar! Is Alex’s life about to change?

Derek Dunbar is Scottish, an actor and a hunk! Every woman in America drools after him. He has his pick of women but stinks at relationships. At forty, is he longing for a more meaningful relationship? Does he even know how to have one? Is he willing to make the effort or will it just be too complicated?
Excerpt:

“Go”, “Two minutes”, was hollered out. Alex felt nervous even though most of the men at the speed-dating meeting didn’t appear her type. The fact that they wouldn’t find her their type bothered her most. 
            “Hi, my name is Rick. I work at a comic book store” was all Alex heard. He had shoulder length hair, a beard and his shirt was wrinkled.  “Your turn”.
            “Hi, I’m Alex. A widow. Customer service rep. My daughter just got married.”  She was on auto-pilot. She repeated the same thing with every guy. “Tell me more about yourself,” was her next line so she wouldn’t have to really participate. And they did.
            Why did she agree to do this? Kathleen was crazy. She actually looked like she was having fun.
            “Go! Two minutes.”
And it repeated, this time with a manager of Burger King. Ugh! These men were so boring. It’s no wonder they couldn’t find dates. “I love reading and watching science fiction. I have the complete set of Star Wars collectables.”
            This was pure torture. Kathleen owed her. Having her eyebrows waxed was better than this.
            “Go! Two minutes”.
            This one had a real job. “I work at a bank.”
            “Oh, what do you do?” Alex was a bit intrigued. 
            “Oh, I meant to say I worked a bank. Until I went to jail for embezzling. I have served my time and am looking for work right now. I’m on probation for five years,” Mitchell said with a smile. 
            “Isn’t that a felony?” Alex couldn’t believe she was having this conversation. 
            “Yeah, I’ll get a job soon. I’m staying with my mom right now. She has plenty of room and doesn’t mind if I bring the ladies by,” he managed with a wink. 
            “Go! Two minutes”.
            Thank God it was almost over! Alex was never going to repeat this experience. As her last speed-date babbled on about his inability to wear corrective shoes, Alex watched Kathleen laugh and chat away with hers. Kathleen looked like she really enjoyed doing this. Alex was in awe--and misery.
            When it was finally over Alex and Kathleen headed to the bar for a drink to compare notes.
            “This was too much fun! These guys are a riot! I think I may meet the ex-con for drinks later!” Kathleen giggled at the thought of her possible date.
            “Are you insane?” Alex couldn’t believe her ears. 
            “Did you not have fun Alex?” Kathleen looked genuinely surprised.
            “Kathleen, I realize your fun and my fun are two totally different things. You know I would do anything for you but NEVER ask me to do this again! It was pure torture!” Alex didn’t mean to come across so agitated but she just couldn’t help it.
            Kathleen looked a bit hurt but after her first margarita she was understanding and agreed to take her sister next time. Alex couldn’t wait to get home, take a long shower and crawl into bed. Suddenly, being alone sounded wonderful.



**Linda says that Take 2 is available in ebook now but paperback is coming soon.