Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Slow

Hi, my name is Ellen and sometimes I'm slow. Yeah. It's kinda sad.

See, I raised my blog from the dead and added the follow function after I saw it on some of my colleagues' blogs. Cool little tab. Well, it's been amazing to watch it grow and to visit other blogs and follow in support. But the follow feature doesn't have a lot of functions other than being a counter, right?

I've spent time trying to correspond directly with each follower (a constant work in progress) because I genuinely appreciate each person's public proclamation of support. I also try to follow my followers. I figure over time, the blogs I'm most interested in will rise to my consciousness like cream. But I was frustrated by trying to keep up with everyone.

In an effort to be efficient, I grouped my bookmarks into blogs and followers. This way I could check out the sites of anyone following me without sifting through all the blogs I like. Except, I have to keep updating the information.

Yeah. DOH!

See, I know you're shaking your head right now because I started to shake mine about two days ago.

When I log into blogger, the dashboard has all the latest postings made by blogs I'm following. I never paid attention to that area. I was focused on posting to and viewing my actual blog.

So, hi! My name is Ellen and I'm slow. But now I'm able to rapidly scan a list of current posts and VOILA! I like this so much better.