Thursday, September 19, 2013

My First Ever Writing Conference

Saturday, September 21, 2013, I will attend my first writers conference -- the Ozarks Romance Authors Annual Conference held in Springfield, MO.

Click to buy
I'm a volunteer (assisting with the author tables), am scheduled for an author headshot, and will pitch Strong Enough to Samhain Editor and Author, Holly Atkinson. I am very, very excited. Excited enough to be there at seven am. And I don't usually get up for work before seven am so that shows how excited I am.

The opportunity to meet fellow authors, new and established, thrills me. I'll be swimming in peers until I'm wrinkled with comradarie. 
(Don't look at me like that. I met some of the attendees at the monthly Ozarks Romance Authors meeting. These writers know how to push their work and still support others.)

Saturday will also be my first ever face-to-face pitch for my writing. Expectations aside, I'm focused on doing my absolute best -- start with that and then take it from there. 

To learn more about this wonderful event, here's a great news-release.

Now, back to working over my 30-second, elevator pitch for both Strong Enough and The Anonymous Blog of Mrs. Jones -- because you can never be too prepared!

Cheers!



Will it be the end for this author photo? Looking forward to my session with Sharon...