Thursday, March 14, 2013

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award!

Thank you to Jill of the Pride Series for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is a wonderful way to highlight great blogs with fewer than 200 followers and I really appreciate Jill from Pride Series for nominating me. Hope everyone discovers several new favorites!
Rules:

  • Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog. 
  • Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
  • Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been chosen.
  • Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog

Questions from Pride Series:
1. Are you a dog or cat person? DECIDEDLY a dog person. I like cats but I loathe kitty litter
2. Would you rather live in the country or city? I've done both, so my answer is ... yes
3. Where have you always wanted to visit? Australia
4. What is your favorite book? Bah! I don't do favorites without parameters! Favorite Jane Austen? Persuasion. Favorite tome? Atlas Shrugged. Favorite Jen Weiner? Good In Bed. Favorite Neil Gaiman? American Gods.
5. What is your favorite cartoon? Tom and Jerry? I think this depends, too. Animaniacs????? X-MEN???????????? 
6. What is your favorite season? At my current age, it's fall. When I was a child, it was summer. But I'm good at recognizing pros and cons of all things so I'm suffering from brain contraction right now.
7. What is your favorite song? "Epiphany" by Staind (must answer with only one title <strain>)
8. What talent do you wish you had? Self-discipline
9. What kind of car do you wish you had? I have it! It's a Mini Cooper in Yellow with white bonnet stripes and roof. The only thing it needs is heated seats. However, my next will be a Mini Countryman in Cosmic Blue...with heated seats.
10. Beach or mountains? Mountains.
11. Your favorite food? Pasta or chocolate
11 facts about MyMotherStuttered/Ellen Harger:
1. Newlywed and step-mom
2. Would have 20 dogs if husband would allow, but 2 is his maximum before he loses his mind over hair, chewing, and lack of room in bed
3. Artist/painter
4. Want to be Lorelai Gilmore when I grow up
5. Recently d
rove 9 hours one way to see P!nk in concert with bestest friend
6. Know what Scotsmen wear beneath their kilts
7. Just published first novel!!!!! (These are not numbered by importance!)
8. Frequenly want to stake vampire novels (though I still manage to enjoy a few)
9. Have a badly chipped front tooth but won't let dentist fix because NO ONE NOTICES
10. Was taught to write in Italics and not cursive
11. Received a rejection letter from Marion Zimmer Bradley


11 questions from MyMotherStuttered:
1. What was your favorite book series as a kid?
2. What was your first CD?
3. What book have you re-read the most?
4. How many times have you watched your favorite movie? (and state what it is)
5. Your idea of camping is:
6. Who was your Hollywood crush when you were a teenager?
7. What's your favorite concert?
8. What's your favorite vacation?
9. What's your cosmetics philosophy? (if you're a guy, thoughts on what looks good to you)
10. Say Anything, High Fidelity, or Serendipity?
11. How many books have you written (not necessarily published)?

The blogs I nominated:
Some are newbies, some are still figuring things out, and some are gems that have inexplicably remained under-followed. (These are in no particular order)
1. The Modern Jane Austen