Friday, February 22, 2013

FREE BOOKS Alert and Author Tips

Most likely anyone who reads my wee blog already knows about the phenomenal blog "A Newbie's Guide to Publishing" by JA Konrath. He's fantastic and I found him through blogs I started following when I began MyMotherStuttered.

If you don't know this blog, get thee over there, pronto! I've been cleaning up on the free books he's featuring (his own and several other authors'). Not just advice, but actual examples! Kudos to him. 

I started one of the freebies I got earlier and I can tell that I'm addicted to the series after ONE CHAPTER. True, I'm a total sucker for mysteries, but it's engaging, fun, tight, clean, and first rate. In fact, I've been having so much fun, I bought Whiskey Sour placed near the end of his post. It was featured just for this possibility. I laughed knowing I was doing just as he hoped. Damn, he's good.

The freebies are cool, but what is really flipping my skirt is his advice to authors. This guy is my guru. And from the comment volume and follower tally, I'd say that's true for most of us. He doesn't talk in hyperbole--he lays it out for us. His advice is just that. Take it for what it is, but when his experience backs it up, pay some respect. His approach may not work for us all but it's clearly working for him. 

Which reminds me--I'm happy to say that Strong Enough will be available on Monday, February 25, 2013!!!


This is the first time I've ever attached a released date and I'm beyond excited. It's huge for me to commit like this. To have an agent or publisher help plan a release is one thing, but but it's just me and my editors/cover artist. YIPES

I'll dedicate a blog post to this announcement on Sunday so consider this a leak. ;) And yes, I crack myself up.