- Got engaged
- Made great strides in Strong Enough - it's getting so close to upload time
- Bought a house - now I have a private writing nook!
- Read some amazing books
- Marveled at amazing indie writers like CJ Duggan and Tess Hardwick - all their hard work is paying off! I know there are others of us and by once again immersing myself in the blog world, I will seek you out and encourage!
- Had a good run at NaNo 2012 but learned more about my new story than I wrote - I had too focused an outline and it limited me. I broke my own basic rule; however, even though I didn't write a full 50k, I did work through and learned a bit about the story. I still think of that as NaNo success.
- Realized a shorty story collection theme
- Painted the Halo Logo on the kids' bedroom wall
- Received a Kindle Fire for Christmas.
- First book purchased? Riversong, by Tess Hardwick
- Planned a January 18, 2013 wedding
What's ahead in 2013?
- A beautiful wedding - it's running so smoothly, that these last few weeks I can indulge in some blog reading, writing, and networking with other writers
- A gloriously private honeymoon full of just "us" time
- The publication of Strong Enough
- Everything else....
What can I say? I'm a tortoise, not a hare.
Thank you to all who have read my blog - who've hung in there despite erratic posts. 2012 was a good year for me as a person and a writer, but I can tell that 2013 is going to be even better for me as an author.
Happy New Year, everyone. I wish you all success in your endeavors!