Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Tortoise School of Novel Writing

It's done. I can't change anything from 2012. I can only look ahead to 2013 but before I do, I want to recap all that did happen in 2012 (instead of what didn't).

2012

  1. Got engaged
  2. Made great strides in Strong Enough - it's getting so close to upload time
  3. Bought a house - now I have a private writing nook! 
  4. Read some amazing books
  5. Marveled at amazing indie writers like CJ Duggan and Tess Hardwick - all their hard work is paying off! I know there are others of us and by once again immersing myself in the blog world, I will seek you out and encourage!
  6. Had a good run at NaNo 2012 but learned more about my new story than I wrote - I had too focused an outline and it limited me. I broke my own basic rule; however, even though I didn't write a full 50k, I did work through and learned a bit about the story. I still think of that as NaNo success.
  7. Realized a shorty story collection theme
  8. Painted the Halo Logo on the kids' bedroom wall
  9. Received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. 
    1. First book purchased? Riversong, by Tess Hardwick
  10.  Planned a January 18, 2013 wedding

What's ahead in 2013?

  1. A beautiful wedding - it's running so smoothly, that these last few weeks I can indulge in some blog reading, writing, and networking with other writers
  2. A gloriously private honeymoon full of just "us" time
  3. The publication of Strong Enough
  4. Everything else....
I won't go into more detail on all the personal things. Hello! This is my author blog, after all! Thus I will enumerate my writerly resolutions only. Well, resolution. Basically, I find myself in a lovely place to give really focused attention to the release of Strong Enough. That means, I am dedicating my energy toward marketing my book. 2013 is the year and I'm so excited. Everything I've done for the last two years has lead to this moment.

What can I say? I'm a tortoise, not a hare.

Thank you to all who have read my blog - who've hung in there despite erratic posts. 2012 was a good year for me as a person and a writer, but I can tell that 2013 is going to be even better for me as an author.

Happy New Year, everyone. I wish you all success in your endeavors!

Ellen