Monday, October 24, 2011

In One Week - MAGIC!

It's nearly NaNoWriMo time! That means, one week from tomorrow I will put nose to grindstone and write a new novel, logging 1700+ words every night in November. I have my plot ready. I know my main character and the setting. BUT I'm not outlining the story. I have learned to enjoy the magic of NaNo. 

There are many wonderful writers out there who blog about regularly writing 2k a night. God bless you. I find it an achievement that ebbs and flows for me. So I look forward to NaNo and the strange alchemy that comes from focusing my intention along with thousands of other writers.

In case you don't know about National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), head over to the website and check it out (click on the red link above). You have less than a week to register and join the fun.

There's no failing with NaNo. Sometimes it's a great year and sometimes, you come up short, but every time you participate the experience grows more addictive. I started planning how to use November 2011 back in January! I look forward to this all year.

If you want to find me on NaNo, my handle is "zerilian" and my novel this year is titled, "Lily."

Cheers!